The present investigation deals with the physico-chemical analysis of Bulacao River. The objective of the study was to provide baseline information on its physical and chemical characteristics as well as evaluate its water quality. Samples for analysis were taken monthly from three established sites along the river for a duration of six months. Temperature, pH and total dissolved solids (TDS) were measured on site. Levels of total suspended solids (TSS), dissolved oxygen (DO), biochemical oxygen demand (BOD5), nitrates and total phosphorus were analysed in the laboratory following the recommended standard APHA methods for water examination. Results showed that pH, TDS, DO, and total P differ significantly across location (p<0.05). All the measured parameters except for the downstream DO level were within the DENR standards which could be an indicative of organic pollution in the downstream area.
- Graduate Program Applications Extended to Sept 3
- [WEBINAR] Big Ideas for Space! – Learn about building satellites, lunar lander vehicles, floating robots, and Octopus grippers for Space
- College of Science Important Deadlines
- (Deadline extended) UP Cebu Department of Computer Science Now Hiring: Full Time Faculty
- UP CEBU COLLEGE OF SCIENCE RECOGNITION RITES FOR SCHOLARS