Four compounds (1–4) were isolated from the extracts of Streptomyces sp. CT37 using bioassay in conjunction with mass spectrometric molecular networking (MN) driven isolation. Their complete structures were established by high-resolution electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (HR-ESIMS), and 1D and 2D nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) data. Legonimide 1 was identified as a new alkaloid containing a rare linear imide motif in its structure, while compounds 2–4 were already known and their structures were elucidated as 1H-indole-3-carbaldehyde, actinopolymorphol B, (2R,3R)-1-phenylbutane-2,3-diol, respectively. The biosynthetic pathways of 1–4 were proposed based on the reported biogenesis of indole alkaloids in literature. Bioactivity tests for 1 and 2 revealed moderate growth inhibition activity against Candida albicans ATCC 10231 with MIC95 values of 21.54 µg/mL and 11.47 µg/mL, respectively.
- College of Science Important Dates for Students- SECOND Semester AY 2022-2023
- College of science faculty members receive the one up professorial chair and faculty grant awards 2022-2024
- College of Science Important Dates – first Semester AY 2022-2023
- PROGRAM FOR #PASIDUNGOG 2022
- up cebu college of science invites you to pasidungog 2022